Benefits & Perks Overview
In addition to competitive salaries, San Diego Humane Society offers a comprehensive benefits package to our regular, full-time employees. Our benefits are designed to help our staff lead healthy, productive, and rewarding lives.
- Medical: 100% employer-paid deductible HMO plans, optional buy up coverage available.**
- Dental: 100% employer-paid DHMO, optional buy up PPO coverage available.**
- Vision: included in medical plans, optional buy up coverage available.**
- Long term disability insurance: 100% employer-paid.
- EAP: 100% employer-paid.* / **
- Voluntary supplemental insurance products.* / **
- Paid holidays, vacation time, and sick leave.
- Bereavement leave.
- Onsite wellness program.
- 403B Retirement Plan: employer contribution with additional percentage match of employee contribution.*
- Life/AD&D Insurance: 100% employer-paid.
- FSA for medical, dependent care, and transit expenses.*
Learning and Development*
- Professional development.
- "SDHS University:" continuing education program.
- Comprehensive hands-on training programs.
- Online training course.
- Disounted veterinary products and services.
- Discounted adoption fees, behavior and training classes, and community education programs.
- Disounts at Muttique, the Society's in-house pet supply store.
- Pets at Work program.
* Benefits are offered to regular full-time and part-time employees.
** Dependents of regular full-time employees are eligible to enroll.