Serving San Diego County since 1880, San Diego Humane Society operates multiple campuses, in San Diego, Oceanside, and Escondido.
Through these campuses, we are able to provide vital services to animals and people alike by:
- Sheltering and adopting animals.
- Investigating animal cruelty and neglect.
- Rescuing animals in emergency situations.
- Positive reinforcement behavior training through public training classes.
- Providing adult and youth education programs.
- Sharing the joy that animals can provide through pet-assisted therapy.
- In Escondido, San Marcos, Poway, Oceanside and Vista, we provide animal control and stray pet services.
- Plus much more!
We are a private, nonprofit organization that is not affiliated with any other local or national humane society or SPCA organization such as the Humane Society of the United States in Washington, D.C. or the ASPCA in New York.
San Diego Humane Society is supported solely by contributions, grants, bequests and investments, and some small fees for services.