Who We Are
Serving San Diego County since 1880, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA provides vital services to animals and people alike.
The San Diego Humane Society and SPCA is a private, nonprofit organization that receives no government funding, and is supported solely by contributions, grants, bequests, investments, proceeds from the Society's retail store, and small fees for services.
To inspire and engage the community to end animal suffering.
To promote the humane treatment of animals, to prevent cruelty to animals, and provide education to enhance the human-animal bond.
Our Programs and Services Include:
- Adoptions: on-site and mobile (off-site). Every animal that we adopt out has been spayed or neutered, microchipped, is up-to-date on shots, and has been tested for health and behavior.
- Animal Adventure Camp (spring and summer break camps for youth).
- Animal cruelty and neglect investigations.
- Animal Rescue Reserve.
- Behavior and training classes.
- Behavior helpline and private consultations.
- Campus tours.
- Comprehensive medical and behavioral services for all animals in our care.
- Educational programs for youth and adults.
- Foster care program.
- Intake of owner-relinquished pets and pets from other shelters.
- Owner-requested euthanasia for terminally ill or suffering animals.
- Pet-Assisted Therapy.
- Pet loss support group.
- Scout troop and school programs.
- Spay and neuter services.
- Vaccine clinics.
- Volunteer opportunities for youth, adults, and corporate groups.
SIGN UP FOR OUR E-NEWSLETTER >