Have fun socializing with other dog lovers and their dogs while you practice teaching your dog how to be calm around exciting distractions like people, other dogs and food!
We have tables set up just like a restaurant to help your dog become familiar with being in public spaces.
The San Diego Humane Society's certified behavior training team will be on-hand offering "dog-friendly" training tips on how to keep your dog calm and happy in this fun, pet-friendly cafe setting.
- Oceanside Campus Airport Road - Outdoors at our special area created just for Doggie Cafe! (indoor if weather is uncooperative)
- San Diego Campus Gaines Street - Rocky's Cafe outdoors (indoor if weather is uncooperative)
- Typically the 2nd Friday every month 6-8pm
Oceanside Campus on Airport Road
- Typically the last Friday of every month 6-8pm
San Diego Campus on Gaines Street
- Holiday cafes may take place on different days than those listed above. Please check our Events Calendar for exact dates.
The $10 per person suggested cover charge includes a brief behavior and
training presentation, door prizes and free refreshments and snacks.
Plus, your support will help continue to fund valuable programs that
help animals and people in our community.
sign up online here» or call 619-299-7012 extension 2230 please be sure to let us know which Cafe you'd like to attend and how many people and dogs will be in your party!
The Doggie Cafe is the place to "see and be seen" for the canine set. Space is limited and reservations are required!
- Dogs should be friendly and on-leash.
- One dog per human handler please.
- Guests are encouraged to bring a towel or blanket for dogs to lounge on and any special treats for discerning pooches, who may be picky eaters!
- Dogs should be at least 4 months old and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies, to attend.
Rocky's Doggie Cafe is a dog-friendly cafe at the San Diego Campus that is also open to people and pets
every day of the week (please check our about us pages for times). Please come visit us anytime with your well-behaved on-leash pet! (note: trainers are only on-site during the special monthly events)
Training note: All of the San Diego Humane Society's training is
accomplished using modern "dog-friendly" positive reinforcement training
techniques - no choke chains or corrections necessary. Come find out
why these gentle, humane methods are the choice of today's most modern
and effective dog trainers.