Spay and Neuter Services
San Diego Humane Society offers spay and neuter programs for the San Diego community. These resources provide affordable spay and neuter surgeries to individuals who meet eligibility requirements based on income.
The program provides priority appointment scheduling to our target populations that are at the highest risk for overpopulation: pit bulls, chihuahuas, feral cats, and cats.
Special Neighborhood Discounts
Residents of the 92113 zip code can schedule a spay or neuter appointment for their pit bull, Chihuahua, or cat for a 50% discount during the month of July. Call today to schedule your appointment: 619.279.5085.
Residents of the 92114 zip code can schedule a spay or neuter appointment for their pit bull, Chihuahua, or cat for a 50% discount during the month of August. Call today to schedule your appointment: 619.279.5085.
Spay/Neuter Clinic Locations
We provide spay and neuter services for pit bulls, chihuahuas, feral cats, and cats at both our San Diego and Oceanside locations. Please contact us to determine eligibility and to schedule an appointment:
Fee-Waived Spay/Neuter Programs*
* Spay/neuter surgery fees are waived. Other fees for services will apply.
- $30 for cat neuters
- $50 for cat spays; chihuahua and pit bull neuters
- $75 for chihuahua and pit bull spays
For other breeds, see the resources below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Services Available During Surgery Appointment
- $10 DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza)
- $10 FVRCP (Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia)
- $6 Rabies. For all dogs over 3 months of age, a current rabies vaccination is required, or the vaccine will be administered on-site for $6 on the day of the surgery.
- $8 E-Collar. All pets will need to wear an e-collar for 10 days after the surgery. If you have an appropriately sized e-collar, please bring it to the appointment.
- $15 Microchip
- $10 Flea Treatment
- $5 Carrier
- No additional fees for pregnant or in-heat females or cryptorchid males.
- Pain medication is included.
- Blood testing recommended for animals between 7 - 10 years old and required for animals over 10 years. Blood test must be done within 30 days of surgery date through your pet's regular veterinarian.
Our veterinarians highly recommend that your pet be current on vaccines prior to surgery and administered at least 14 days prior to surgery. They will be around many other animals and could be exposed to disease. For information about our vaccination clinics, click here.
Litter Abatement Program (LAP)
Free public spay/neuter service for those who:
- Are relinquishing a litter of puppies or kittens from their own pet.
- Have found a stray litter and are able to capture the stray parent animal(s). This is available for the cities of Oceanside and Vista only.
San Diego Campus
To schedule an appointment for your pit bull, chihuahua, or cat in San Diego.
To schedule an appointment for your pit bull, chihuahua, or cat in North County.
For additional information, email email@example.com.
PLEASE CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Additional Resources for Low Cost Spay and Neuter