Annual Youth Art Contest
Children in grades K - 12 are invited to create a poster, poem, or video that celebrates animals.
This year's theme is "Be Kind to Animals." Prizes will be awarded to finalists in each category. Deadline is April 10, 2015.
- Contest is open to children grades K - 12.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges from San Diego Humane Society.
- Inclusion in the contest is based on the discretion of San Diego Humane Society.
- All entries will become property of San Diego Humane Society.
- All entries should reflect the theme "Be Kind to Animals."
- Entries must be received or postmarked by April 10, 2015.
- Winners will be announced in May 2015.
- All participants will receive a participation award via email.
Contact Laura Leonard: 619.299.7012 x 2913 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poster and Poetry Entries
- Entries must not exceed 11 inches x 17 inches and must be no thicker than a poster board.
- May use any media: marker, paint, ink, crayon, photography, or collage.
- Poster and poetry categories are open to individuals only. Collaborative entries will not be accepted.
- Entries must be original and free of any copyright restrictions. No plagiarism, tracing, clip art, or pre-illustrated computer art.
Tape a copy of the entry form to the back of each submission. Do not write directly on poster. Deliver to San Diego Humane Society's
San Diego, Escondido, or Oceanside campus.
5500 Gaines Street
San Diego, CA 92110
3450 E. Valley Parkway
Escondido, CA 92027
572 Airport Road
Oceanside, CA 92058
- Video entries must not exceed four minutes in length.
- Individual and collaborative video entries of up to six students will be accepted.
- Submissions must be free of any copyright restrictions. You may use only public domain, original, or derivative-friendly creative commons media.
Post your video on YouTube and include "San Diego Humane Society Youth Art Contest"
in the description. Email email@example.com
with the following information:
- Video URL
- Title of video, child's name, age, city, school, grade, parent/guardian name, phone number, and email.
Adult assistance may be required. If you are unable to post your video publicly, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.