Thank you for signing up to support us as we prepare to expand and enhance services for animals in our region! We know you might have a few questions…
- Send letters to elected officials.
EMAIL ELECTED OFFICIALS NOW!
- Make posts in your social media channels or our Facebook Community @SanDiegoHumaneSociety.
- Invite your family, friends and neighbors to send letters to elected officials and post on social media.
- Ask family, friends and neighbors to sign up to help: Sign up at sdhumane.org/advocacy.
- Access the Because of You website here and find the aids necessary for communicating with elected officials, family and friends. You can download materials such as sample letters to city councilmembers and suggested social media posts. Locate these materials in the top right corner of the web page.
- Familiarize yourself with this web page.
- Stay tuned to our weekly updates with important information.
Why do you need my help?
San Diego County officials have terminated their animal service contracts with six cities: Carlsbad, Del Mar, Encinitas, San Diego, Santee and Solana Beach. The current contract terms will expire on June 30, 2018. That means the 20,000 animals that the County’s Department of Animal Services cares for in these cities in a given year could find themselves without a place to go. San Diego Humane Society is concerned about where these animals will go if the city councils do not approve the contracts when they are presented for a vote. We are responding to a need to take care of the animals in our region. This is why we’re in negotiations to provide animal services in those cities, and possibly the unincorporated areas of the county.
With your involvement, San Diego Humane Society can help local leaders and the community understand the importance of the welfare of animals and the safety of the public. We need YOUR help urging elected officials to make the right decision so there is no gap in care for animals in the affected six cities.
What happens next and who should I contact if I have questions?
Keep an eye on your email for more updates. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to reach out to us via email at [email protected]. A member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you again for your help and support! We couldn’t do this without you!