Healthy Pup-kin Treats
This recipe comes together in no time and is full of nutritious whole ingredients. It’s a great way to celebrate one of fall’s favorite flavors with your dog. (Makes 25–30, depending on treat size)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8 cup natural
- peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups whole
- wheat flour
- ½ carrot, shredded
- ½ cup baby spinach, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, peanut butter and egg until well blended and smooth. Add oats, then stir, adding whole wheat flour 1/2 cup at a time until incorporated and dough starts to form. Mix in carrot and baby spinach until it’s evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper (or plastic wrap) on a large, flat surface until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Form into treats using cookie cutters if desired.
- Place treats onto baking sheet. Bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown and firm. Let cool completely before sharing with your pup.