PAWS San Diego
Compassionate, dedicated volunteers are needed to assist the PAWS program.
PAWS San Diego, a program of San Diego Humane Society, helps people keep their pets by providing essential pet services and support to low-income pet families all over San Diego County. Our clients include seniors, people who are chronically ill and/or disabled, veterans, members of the military and homeless individuals.
As the largest pet safety net service in San Diego, the goal of this unique program is to keep pets in their homes and out of shelters.
Our volunteers assist PAWS clients in a variety of ways, including delivery of pet food and supplies to home bound clients, transportation to vet appointments for clients who are unable to get there on their own and dog walking for home bound and hospitalized clients.
Volunteers also help in the PAWS warehouse, located at the San Diego Campus, to assist the PAWS staff with donation pick ups, food assembly and supply orders, and at our monthly community pantry distribution sites, where clients can pick up pet food.
- All positions are currently filled
How to Become a Volunteer:
- Review the open positions to determine if any fit your interests and skills.
- Submit the interest form with the specific role you are interested in and the skills you have related to the role.
- We will contact you by phone or email to discuss the program, your experience and set up an interview.
- Volunteers must complete an in person working interview and if offered a position, will complete our online Volunteer Orientation and hands-on, role specific training.
- A background check and/or DMV check is required prior to volunteering for PAWS positions that work directly with home bound clients.