Help your dog become a valued member of the community! Canine Good Citizen class is extremely beneficial to you, your dog, and your relationship with your dog.
In some instances, a dog that is certified as a Canine Good Citizen may be entitled to special benefits, discounts, or other advantages.
Canine Good Citizen is an intermediate-level obedience course developed for passing the Canine Good Citizen certification test. The class may be taken with or without the final certification test.
Course and Test Topics:
- Accepting a friendly stranger.
- Sitting politely for petting.
- Calmness while walking on leash, with distractions.
- Sit and down, with stay.
- Coming when called, with distractions.
- General calmness around dogs and other distractions.
- Calmness when separated from owner.
- Dog Ages: 6 months or older
- Price: $120
- Schedule: Canine Good Citizen is six sessions long. The first five sessions include class time (1 hour) – the final session is for testing.
- Graduate of Level 2: Superb Skills or equivalent knowledge of sit, down, attention on handler, and a minute stay without reinforcement in a distracting environment.
- dog must be able to perform these tasks in a new environment away from their home.
- Familiar with clicker and treat-based training.
- Able to learn in close proximity to other dogs (3-5 feet)
- Classes maybe held indoors and or outdoors at our San Diego campus on Gaines Street.
- CGC evaluation testing times are available for dogs’ who have already mastered the skills taught during the Canine Good Citizen® (CGC) class, and would like to register for the test only. The test fee is $25. Please click on the register now button to find available testing dates and times.
- Preregistration is required.
For more information, call 619-299-7012 x 2247.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are for friendly dogs and their owners. San Diego Humane Society only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward. We do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are not meant for:
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person.
- Dogs who have bitten other animals.
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues.
Enrolling in this class confirms that your dog will meet the above listed prerequisites. Not sure if this is right class for you? Call us at 619-299-7012 ext 2247.