Topics covered in this Advanced level workshop include improve your dog’s sourcing ability; refine how your team covers a search area; handlers ability to accurately read dogs communication signals when in odor and at source; inaccessible and elevated hides; converging odor, and trial preparation.
Dog Ages: 18 weeks or older
Schedule: 1 time session 3 hours in length
- All dogs work one at a time and will be crated or placed in an x-pen during their down time.
- It is important for dogs to rest, as scent work is mentally and physically challenging.
- Dogs must be capable of handling confinement during the class, crated away or near handler.
- No dogs with any aggression towards people.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes/workshops are for friendly dogs and their owners. We only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward and do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are not meant for:
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person.
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues.
Enrolling in this class confirms that your dog will meet the above listed prerequisites. Not sure if this is right class for you? Call us at 619-299-7012 ext 2247.