This intermediate workshop focuses on introducing your dog to odor – 3 essential oils that the dogs are trained to find. Container and interior searches will be continued, and vehicles searches will be introduced. Scent work is a great way for any dog to have fun, build confidence, and burn lots of mental and physical energy.
- Dog Ages: 18 weeks or older
- Price: $100
- Schedule: 1 class, 60 minutes in length.
- Held at the San Diego Gaines Street campus
- Dogs work one at a time and will be crated during their down time.
- It is important for dogs to rest, as scent work is mentally and physically challenging.
- Dogs must be capable of handling confinement during the class, crated or confined next to owner.
- No dogs with any aggression towards people.
For more information, call 619-299-7012 x 2398.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are for friendly dogs and their owners. San Diego Humane Society only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward. We do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are not meant for:
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person.
- Dogs who have bitten other animals.
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues.
Enrolling in this class confirms that your dog will meet the above listed prerequisites. Not sure if this is right class for you? Call us at 619-299-7012 x 2398.