Do you dread taking your dog out on walks? Does your dog pull you down the street? Do you have a hard time getting your dog’s attention while on leash?
This three week intensive is designed to encourage your dog to be less focused on their environment and more engaged with you on walks. Dogs who can walk politely on leash are taken out more often, get more exercise, and are more social and well-adjusted.
- Dog Ages: 16 weeks or older
- Price: $100
- Schedule: 3 weekly classes 1 hour in length
- Location: Oceanside Campus on Airport Road
- Prior training not required
- Proof of rabies vaccination required
- Dogs must be manageable in presence of other dogs
- Dogs must be non-aggressive towards people
- Animals adopted from San Diego Humane Society will receive 20% off Loose Leash Walking! Adopters must call 619-299-7012 ext 2398 prior to enrolling to receive discounted rate. Adopters must provide their animals identification number, given by the San Diego Humane Society when registering.
- Classes maybe held indoors and or outdoors at our Oceanside Airpoirt Road Campus
- Preregistration is required.
For more information, call 619-299-7012 x 2398.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are for friendly dogs and their owners. San Diego Humane Society only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward. We do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are not meant for:
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person.
- Dogs who have bitten other animals.
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues.
Enrolling in this class confirms that your dog will meet the above listed prerequisites. Not sure if this is right class for you? Call us at 619-299-7012 ext 2398.