Do you dread taking your dog out on walks? Does your dog pull you down the street? Do you have a hard time getting your dog’s attention while on leash?
This four week class is designed to encourage your dog to be less focused on their environment and more engaged with you on walks. Dogs who can walk politely on leash are taken out more often, get more exercise, and are more social and well-adjusted.
- Dog Ages: 4 months or older
- Price: $100
- Schedule: 4 weekly classes 1 hour in length
- Graduate of Level 1: Marvelous Manners or equivalent Positive reinforcement based basic obedience class (ability to perform sit, and down in an environment with other animals around).
- Must be familiar with using clicker-based training.
- Able to learn in close proximity to other dogs (3-5 feet).
- Classes maybe held indoors and or outdoors at our San Diego campus on Gaines Street.
- Preregistration is required.
For more information, call 619-299-7012 x 2247.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are for friendly dogs and their owners. San Diego Humane Society only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward. We do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are not meant for:
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person.
- Dogs who have bitten other animals.
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues.
Enrolling in this class confirms that your dog will meet the above listed prerequisites. Not sure if this is right class for you? Call us at 619-299-7012 ext 2247.