Puppy Preschool is designed to meet the training and socialization needs of pups that under 16 weeks old.
Held at our San Diego Campus on Gaines Street, owners and their pups learn to adapt to new people, dogs, environments, and experiences.
Course Topics Include:
- Basic puppy care.
- Off-leash socialization.
- Appropriate greetings.
- Basic skills, including sit, down, wait, come when called.
- Leash walking.
- Drop it.
- Dog Ages: 16 weeks or under
- Price: $170
- Schedule: 6 weekly classes 1 hour in length
- Puppies must be under 16 weeks old.
- If your puppy will be older than 16 weeks of age when the class starts, please register for Level 1: Marvelous Manners.
- Puppies must have at least one set of vaccinations given 7 days prior to class start date.
- Animals adopted from San Diego Humane Society will receive 20% off Puppy Preschool classes. Adopters please call 619-299-7012 ext 2398 to receive discounted rate. Adopters must provide their animal’s identification number, given by San Diego Humane Society, when registering.
- Classes maybe held indoors and or outdoors at our San Diego campus on Gaines Street.
- Preregistration is required.
For more information, call 619-299-7012, ext 2398.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are for friendly dogs and their owners. San Diego Humane Society only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward. We do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are not meant for:
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person.
- Dogs who have bitten other animals.
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues.
Enrolling in this class confirms that your dog will meet the above listed prerequisites. Not sure if this is right class for you? Call us at 619-299-7012, ext 2398.
For Additional Info on Puppy Socialization:
The American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior view on puppy socialization can be found here (“Puppy Socialization Position Statement“).