Rally incorporates the use of a series of numbered directional exercise signs to guide the dog and handler through a designated course. The dog and handler team heels from one sign to the next and performs the exercises indicated by each sign, until the course is complete. Owners are encouraged to communicate with their dog throughout the course. Rally is fun for both the handler and helps the dog maintain focused attention and an enthusiastic attitude. Rally is a great class to take after completing a basic, intermediate or Canine Good Citizen Class. This class will teach you how to correctly complete each rally exercise/sign at the novice (beginning) level. All exercises are done on lead. This class will introduce all the novice rally signs giving information on techniques for completing each exercises, how to run the course, and basic training tips as needed. The instructor will cover rules and regulations that apply to competition.
- Introduction to Novice Rally Signs
- Tips on techniques to complete each exercise
- How to run a Rally course
- Basic training tips as needed
- Cover rules and regulations for competing in the sport of Rally
Schedule: 6 weekly classes 1 hour in length
Please bring your dog to the first day/night of class.
- Completed at least one basic obedience class
- Proof of Rabies Vaccination required
- Dogs must be manageable in presence of other dogs
- Dogs must be non-aggressive towards people
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are for friendly dogs and their owners. San Diego Humane Society only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward. We do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person
- Dogs who have bitten other animals
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues