This training class is designed to challenge both you and your dog. Lessons will focus on strengthening behaviors learned in Level 2: Superb Skills by increasing distance, duration, and distractions.
Students will play specialized games that help ensure reliability in a variety of situations. Dogs must be okay with other dogs passing by in close proximity.
Course Topics Include:
- Expanding on behaviors learned
- Increasing difficulty with distance, duration, & distraction.
- Working in new environments
- Asking for behavior from a distance
- Continued work on walking & greeting behavior
- And much more!
- Dog Ages: 6 months or older
- Price: $130
- Schedule: 6 weekly classes 1 hour in length
- Graduate of Level 2: Superb Skills
- Knowledge of:
- Hand signals for sit, down, side, front (no verbal cue).
- Verbal cues for sit, down, side, front (no hand signal).
- 1 minute sit-stay without reinforcement or verbal reminders.
- 2 minute down-stay without reinforcement or verbal reminders.
- Dog must be able to perform these tasks in a new environment away from their home.
- Familiar with clicker and treat-based training.
- Able to learn in close proximity to other dogs (3-5 feet).
- Animals adopted from San Diego Humane Society will receive 20% off Reliable Rovers classes. Adopters must call 619-299-7012 ext 2398 to receive discounted rate. Adopters must provide their animal’s identification number, given by San Diego Humane Society, when registering.
- Classes maybe held indoors and or outdoors at our San Diego campus on Gaines Street and our Oceanside Campus on Airport Road.
- Preregistration is required.
For more information, call 619-299-7012 x 2398.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are for friendly dogs and their owners. San Diego Humane Society only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward. We do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are not meant for:
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person.
- Dogs who have bitten other animals.
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues.
Enrolling in this class confirms that your dog will meet the above listed prerequisites. Not sure if this is right class for you? Call us at 619-299-7012 ext 2398.