Dogs must be current on their rabies, DHPP (or equivalent) vaccines and be in good general health. Fees paid for dogs excused from class due to a medical concern that are unable to return to class will not be refunded.
San Diego Humane Society group classes are not meant to address serious aggression or behavior issues. Dogs exhibiting these behaviors will be asked to leave and no refund will be issued. If your animal is displaying behaviors that may cause concern, please schedule a private training by calling 619-299-7012 ext 2247.
Some classes have prerequisites or items that must be completed prior to enrollment. Please read the description of each class to ensure you and your dog are ready to attend. If you enroll in a class and it is determined that your dog does not meet the prerequisites for participation, you will be excused from the class without a refund.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
Classes fill quickly. You may register online. Payment must be made in full at the time of registration, no exceptions. Please call 619-299-7012 ext 2247 if you need additional information about class availability.
Please call 619-299-7012 ext 2247 prior to enrolling online.
In deference to other students, those who arrive 10 minutes late to class will not be admitted and will be marked as absent. No class make ups will be given for students who are tardy.
- Classes must be paid for in full at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled start date, including online registrations and manual registrations.
- If space is still available, class registrations will be accepted until the start of the scheduled class.
- Refunds and cancellations are offered until 72 hours prior to the class’ scheduled start date.
- Students must request a cancellation no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled class start date to receive a refund.
- Refunds will be processed within one week of student’s request for refund/cancellation.
- No drop-ins, class transfers, or pro-rated class fees.
- Class make ups are not required, and are offered to currently enrolled students at a special discounted rate of $25 per half hour.
CLASS CANCELLATIONS, RESCHEDULING & HOLIDAYS
Most classes run weekly for six weeks – view specific class descriptions for more information. Classes can be cancelled and/or postponed with no notice. We will do our best to alert you if classes are cancelled or rescheduled, so you may adjust your schedule accordingly. You will receive the full number of sessions, but the class end date may be later than anticipated.
Below is the current list of days in which classes are not held. This is only a preliminary list of dark days; individual classes can be cancelled and anytime without notice and the end date adjusted accordingly. This is usually due to weather. Refunds are not given if you are unable to attend any scheduled classes.
- Easter Day + the day before
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day + the days immediately before and after
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day