Urban Canine is designed for students and their dogs to be able to practice the skills learned in training classes out in real life public situations.
This class is for students who have graduated a formal obedience class. Classes will be held in a different public location each week.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Attention on handler
- “Look at me” with sustained eye contact
- “Let’s go”
- Loose leash walking
- Walking in a heeling position
- Sit for permission
- Polite greetings
- Maintaining sit and down
- “Leave it” with novel outdoor objects
- Passing other dogs politely
- And many more!
- Dog Ages: 6 months or older
- Price: $120
- Schedule: 4 weekly classes, 1 hour in length.
- Level 2: Superb Skills, Moving on Up, or equivalent (dogs must have completed class without visual barriers). Dogs who cannot perform behaviors such as a down stay, coming when called, or 5-second trained eye contact may not be ready for this class.
- Proof of rabies vaccination required.
- Dogs must be manageable in presence of other dogs.
- Dogs must be non-aggressive towards people.
- Class is not appropriate for fearful dogs, but minor shyness is okay.
- Locations: to be determined. Locations will change each week and will become increasingly challenging as the weeks progress.
- This class requires long periods of standing and walking.
- Classes maybe held indoors and or outdoors in varying public locations around San Diego area.
- Preregistration is required.
For more information, call 619-299-7012 x 2247.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are for friendly dogs and their owners. San Diego Humane Society only uses positive training methods and training tools including the use of food as a reward. We do not support the use of aversive training tools such as choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars.
San Diego Humane Society group training classes are not meant for:
- Dogs who have growled, snapped or bit a person.
- Dogs who have bitten other animals.
- Dogs who exhibit aggression or other behavioral issues.
Enrolling in this class confirms that your dog will meet the above listed prerequisites. Not sure if this is right class for you? Call us at 619-299-7012 ext 2247.