Paws and Paperbacks helps children ages 6-11 develop compassionate relationships with animals by providing an opportunity for both kids and animals to spend time together in a calm and respectful environment.
Children can practice their reading skills in a fun and non-judgmental atmosphere while giving our ambassador animals the chance to get exercise and socialization. The focus of the interaction is on reading rather than the animal, which teaches children how to be respectful of an animal’s space and body and provides a safe, positive interaction for the animal.
San Diego Campus
5500 Gaines Street
San Diego, CA 92110
One Thursday a month, 4:30-5:30p.m.
$10.00 per child. Reservations are required.
- All sessions are from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Paws and Paperbacks is for children ages 6-11.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis. We can accommodate 14 participants per session, so sign up early!
- Topic is subject to change.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Parents are welcome to stay with their child throughout the session but are not required to.
- This class is for humans only – please leave your great pets at home!
Register online or call 619.299.7012 x 2256. For more information email [email protected].
2017-2018 PAWs and Paperbacks Schedule