Peppermint Horse Muffins
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup molasses
- 12 peppermint hard candies
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the grated carrots, oil and molasses until combined.
- Blend candies or smash them in a plastic sandwich bag until they’re broken enough to be folded into the dough.
- Add the salt, oats, flour and peppermint shards to the dough and mix until combined. It will be sticky and that’s okay, but feel free to add more flour to reduce stickiness.
- Grease a muffin tin and spoon the mixture into each cup.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes. Let cool before feeding.
Published: March 25, 2020