Community Spay and Neuter
Spay Neuter Services on Hold
Spay and neuter services for all campuses are currently on hold.
Please see the Additional Resources section below for alternative agencies and veterinary hospitals.
San Diego Humane Society offers low-cost spay and neuter services to qualified individuals in the San Diego region. To qualify for spay and neuter services, individuals must be receiving government assistance or active-duty military (proof of service required).
Spay and neuter services are currently offered to qualified individuals at our Escondido, Oceanside and San Diego Campuses by appointment only. New appointments are added every Tuesday for the following week (excluding major holidays). If there are no appointments available, please check back on Tuesdays after 12 p.m. for new openings.
- For assistance with Spay/Neuter, see our Voucher Program and Assistance with Veterinary Care page for information.
- Download a PDF flyer of spay and neuter benefits
- Spay/Neuter FAQs and Myths | Preguntas frecuentes sobre la esterilización y castración
- Veterinary Hospitals and Other Agencies Providing Reduced-Fee Spay/Neuter Services
- If you are veterinarian and would like to become part of our Spay/Neuter Voucher program, please complete our application.
Spay or neuter surgery provides benefits for you, your pet and your community.
- Behavior: Reduces roaming, aggression, spraying and marking.
- Health: Reduces the risk of cancer, increases lifespan.
- Community: Decreases pet overpopulation!