Spay and Neuter
San Diego Humane Society offers spay and neuter programs for the San Diego region. These resources provide affordable spay and neuter surgeries to individuals who meet eligibility requirements based on income.
The program provides priority appointment scheduling to our target populations that are at the highest risk for overpopulation: pit bulls, Chihuahuas, community cats and house cats.
LOCATIONS & SCHEDULING
- We provide spay and neuter services for pit bulls, Chihuahuas, community cats and house cats at our San Diego, Escondido and Oceanside Campuses. These services are for individuals who must meet eligibility requirements based on income.
- Active military with military identification who meet the eligibility requirements can schedule spay/neuter surgeries for cats and any breed of dog under 100 pounds.
- Please contact us to determine eligibility and to schedule an appointment:
San Diego Campus serves Imperial Beach, San Diego and Santee
5500 Gaines St.
San Diego, CA 92110
Escondido Campus serves Escondido, San Marcos and Poway
3500 Burnet Drive
Escondido, CA 92027
Oceanside Campus serves Carlsbad, Del Mar, Encinitas, Oceanside, Solana Beach and Vista
572 Airport Rd.
Oceanside, CA 92058
Special Neighborhood Discounts
Residents of 92105, 92113, 92058, 92083, and 92027 zip codes can schedule a complimentary spay/neuter appointment for pit bulls, Chihuahuas, community cats and house cats. You need a photo ID and proof of residency. Call today to schedule your appointment: 619-279-5085.
Spay and Neuter Services:
- San Diego Humane Society provides spay and neuter services for pit bulls, Chihuahuas, community cats and house cats at our San Diego, Escondido and Oceanside Campuses. These services are for individuals who must meet eligibility requirements based on income.
- For residents who live in the following zip codes: 92105, 92113, 92058, 92083, and 92027, they can schedule a complimentary spay/neuter appointment with proof of residency and photo ID for pit bulls, Chihuahuas, community cats and house cats.
- For active military with a military ID they are can schedule a spay/neuter surgery for cats and any breed of dog under 100 pounds.
FEE-WAIVED SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAMS*
- Litter Abatement (LAP)
- Community cats: please call 619-299-7012 to schedule an appointment or call the campuses directly:
- Escondido 619-299-7012, ext. 2739
- Oceanside 619-299-7012, ext. 2000
- San Diego 619-279-5085
* Spay/neuter surgery fees are waived. Other fees for services will apply.
- Dog spays $95
- Dog neuters $75
- Cat spays $60
- Cat neuters $40
For other breeds, see the resources below or email [email protected].
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AVAILABLE DURING SURGERY APPOINTMENT
- $10 DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza)
- $10 FVRCP (Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia)
- $10 Rabies. For all dogs over 3 months of age, a current rabies vaccination is required, or the vaccine will be administered on-site for $10 on the day of the surgery.
- $8 E-Collar. All pets will need to wear an e-collar for up to 10 days after the surgery. If you have an appropriately sized e-collar, please bring it to the appointment.
- $15 Microchip
- $10 Flea Treatment
- $5 Carrier
- Pain medication is included.
- Blood testing recommended for animals between 7 – 10 years old and required for animals over 10 years. Blood test must be done within 30 days of surgery date through your pet’s regular veterinarian.
Our veterinarians highly recommend that your pet be current on vaccines prior to surgery and administered at least 14 days prior to surgery. They will be around many other animals and could be exposed to disease. For information about our vaccination clinics, click here.
LITTER ABATEMENT PROGRAM (LAP)
Free public spay/neuter service for those who:
- Are relinquishing a litter of puppies or kittens from their own pet. ($40 relinquishment fee for the litter; parent animal spay/neuter is free)
- Have found a stray litter and are able to capture the stray parent animal(s). This is available for the cities of Oceanside and Vista only.
Please carefully follow these aftercare instructions.
Additional Resources for Low Cost Spay and Neuter