Voucher Program and Assistance with Veterinary Care
San Diego Humane Society’s voucher program provides assistance for pet families who need it the most. We do not require proof that you qualify for assistance, though we may ask a few questions to better understand you and your situation.
Please note, an application does not guarantee funding but is a required step. Once an application has been reviewed, you will receive an email with follow-up instructions.
Our teams can provide support or referrals on a case-by-case basis. If additional funding is required, we recommend reaching out to other organizations for support.
If your pet is in an emergency situation where a delay will put their life at risk, it is your responsibility to seek critical care for your pet immediately.Spay/Neuter Vouchers
- Funding is determined by your pet’s weight.
- Vouchers must be used at a participating veterinary clinic (locations are listed in the application.)
- Funding is limited and can cover up to $200 per voucher.
- This does not cover dental procedures or services that have already been completed and paid for.
- Vouchers must be used at a local veterinary clinic who accepts them.
- We strongly advise choosing a local veterinary clinic prior to starting your application. Please confirm the clinic will accept a San Diego Humane Society voucher and ask for an estimated cost of the visit.
ATTENTION: BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
- You are required to select a date/time at the start of your application. This is a PLACEHOLDER for your application and is NOT an official veterinarian appointment. If there is no availability or you receive an error message, please try again later.
- Vouchers are not for use at San Diego Humane Society. You are responsible for scheduling an appointment directly with the veterinary clinic specified on your voucher.
- Please submit ONE application PER pet.
- If you do not have a valid address to provide, please use our San Diego campus: 5500 Gaines Street, San Diego, CA 92110.
- Vouchers are issued via email. If you do not have an email, please check “skip email confirmation” and our team will follow up with you by phone.
I understand that by clicking “Start Voucher Application” I have read and agree to the conditions specified above. I understand I am NOT scheduling an appointment and services will be rendered outside of San Diego Humane Society.