Paws and Paperbacks
Paws and Paperbacks helps children ages 6-11 develop compassionate relationships with animals by providing an opportunity for both kids and animals to spend time together in a calm and respectful environment.
WHAT: Children can practice their reading skills in a fun and non-judgmental atmosphere while giving our ambassador animals the chance to get exercise and socialization. The focus of the interaction is on reading rather than the animal, which teaches children how to be respectful of an animal’s space and body and provides a safe, positive interaction for the animal.
WHERE: Sessions alternate between two of our campuses:
San Diego Campus 5500 Gaines Street, San Diego, CA 92110
El Cajon Campus 1373 N. Marshall Ave., El Cajon, CA 92020
WHEN: Monthly, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
COST: $10.00 per child. Reservations are required.
ONSITE PAWS AND PAPERBACKS INFO:
- All sessions are from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Paws and Paperbacks is for children ages 6-11.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- In order to limit the number of people present, parents should plan to drop their children off.
- Please bring your own books to read to minimize shared materials.
- This class is for humans only – please leave your great pets at home!
- Please review the COVID Program Waiver when registering online.
DATES: REGISTER for all Fall Paws and Paperbacks.
|September 15th||San Diego Campus||REGISTER|
|September 21st||El Cajon Campus||REGISTER|
|October 13th||San Diego Campus||REGISTER|
|October 5th||El Cajon Campus||REGISTER|
|November 17th||San Diego Campus||REGISTER|
|November 2nd||El Cajon Campus||REGISTER|
|December 8th||San Diego Campus||REGISTER|
|December 14th||El Cajon Campus||REGISTER|
For more information email [email protected] or call 619.299.7012 x 2316