How do I apply for a position with San Diego Humane Society?
- All of our open positions are listed on our Careers page. Simply click on the title of the position you’d like to apply for, review the job description and click the blue “Apply” button to get started.
- We require that you submit a resume with your application, so we recommend having that prepared before starting your application.
- We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer, not a cell phone, and a cloud-based browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, when submitting an application.
How can I make my application stand out?
- Show us why you’d make a great match with San Diego Humane Society! In your resume and optional cover letter, demonstrate how your skills and experience align with the job description. Even if you’ve never worked or volunteered in a similar role before, highlight any transferable skills, relevant projects or coursework, and accomplishments you’re proud of.
- Cover letters are optional but appreciated, as they help our recruiting team to get to know you beyond your resume.
- Proofread for typos, even the ones that spellcheck doesn’t catch.
- If you are a volunteer for San Diego Humane Society, make sure to include that in your application. We love our volunteers and know that your working experience may be vastly different from your volunteer duties for us, so let us know in your resume or screening responses.
How long does it take to apply for a position?
- How long it takes is up to you. We require that you upload a resume with your application and answer some questions that are tailored to each open position. A cover letter is encouraged, but including one is entirely up to you.
Can I apply for multiple positions?
Yes, you can apply to multiple positions. However, we recommend narrowing your choices down to a few jobs that truly match your skills, experience and interests.
I’ve applied – now what?
- All applications we receive are read by members of our recruiting team, not a computer. This may take several weeks, depending on the number of open positions and volume of applications we’ve received.
- You can check the real-time status of your application via the link included in your application confirmation email or by visiting login.jobvite.com and logging in as a job applicant.
- Our recruiters are familiar with all positions at SDHS – not just the ones you’ve applied for. If our recruiters find a potential match, they’ll email you to schedule a call to learn more about your skills and experience.
- We know that you’re excited about your application, but please no surprise visits to our recruiting team. We will, however, gladly accept any supplemental materials you think would be valuable additions to your application.
I’ve applied before and was turned down. Can I re-apply?
- Yes, you can re-apply to any open position. In fact, many of our current employees had applied to their current role more than once before being hired!
- Be sure to include any additional experience or skills you’ve gained since you last applied.
I have a question that wasn’t answered here – what can I do?
Contact us at 619-299-7012 and Guest Relations will put you in contact with a member of our recruiting team to help answer your question.