San Diego Humane Society is taking necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of the animals in our care, our staff and the community we serve. At this time, we are open by appointment only, although we are minimizing activities that involve groups of people, and we are making adjustments to protect everyone's health and safety. This page is intended to provide helpful information and any emergency updates about our operation. We also recommend you follow San Diego Humane Society on Twitter @sdhumane for the latest information.
Be assured that we will have staff available to feed, clean and provide enrichment for the animals in our care. Our Humane Law Enforcement Officers are responding to emergency calls. We continue our commitment to saving animals' lives, reuniting lost pets with their families and finding homes for abandoned and orphaned animals.
Please note the following:
- Currently we are not offering vaccinations, microchipping or spay/neuter services.
- Community events through April are cancelled until further notice. This includes volunteer info sessions and the April 18 PAWS San Diego Community Pet Event.
- PAWS San Diego deliveries and dog-walking have been suspended through April.
- Our Pet-Assisted Therapy visits to senior facilities have been cancelled until further notice.
- We are working closely with our local EMS partners to monitor new developments and are ready to respond as needed to help our community.
Click here for a message from our president with more information about the precautions San Diego Humane Society is taking for COVID-19.
Humane at Home
San Diego Humane Society's Community Engagement team offers an exciting new series that engages youth during this time of home isolation. View this and more at Humane at Home.