Volunteer with Your Pet
Want to Get Involved?
Volunteer with your own pet!
San Diego Humane Society's Animal Ambassador Volunteer role brings the joy of animals to the community!
Animal Ambassador volunteers participate in education programs, community events and fundraisers all around San Diego. While volunteering, they educate the community about our services, programs and animals all while providing a fur-fix. Pets of all species, breeds, ages and sizes are welcome to participate in this program.
Requirements to Volunteer:
Dogs must meet these basic requirements:
- Outgoing and friendly with all people
- Friendly with other dogs
- Ignores all small animals (rabbits, guinea pigs, rats)
- Not shy or scared of new situations
- Be spayed or neutered
- Be at least one year old
- Not be on a raw food diet
- Up to date on vaccinations
- Must pass a temperament evaluation
- Must complete an annual health check
All other pets must meet these basic requirements:
- Must be friendly and outgoing with all people
- Must pass a species-specific behavior evaluation
- Health check required
How to Become a Volunteer:
Recruitment is not currently open, but please check back for future opportunities!