El Cajon Campus
Thank you for your interest in serving at our El Cajon Campus. We are now accepting applications to volunteer as a Guest Guide!
Guest Guides are the first smiling face our visitors see when they arrive on campus. You'll help provide a welcoming experience by greeting each guest and connecting them with the services they need. Community members visit us for many different reasons, such as adopting a new family member, bringing in a found stray, receiving free pet food and supplies, reclaiming a lost pet and more. Whatever they need, our Guest Guides are there to welcome them with compassion and direct them to the appropriate department.
Guest Guide shifts are typically posted Tuesday-Sunday from 10am-1pm, 1-3pm, and 3-6pm. We are closed to the public on Mondays.
One two hour shift every other week, flexible schedule
- Be at least 16 years of age. Under 16 but want to get involved? Check out our Youth Services page!
- Commit to serve at least two shifts per month.
- Access to email since all volunteer communication is done via email.
- Ability to complete online training courses.
Volunteer interviews, offers and training is typically completed within 2 weeks after applying.
- Online application - We recruit new volunteers throughout the year, on an as needed basis.
- Online Learning - Complete your online eLearnings from home and then schedule your interview.
- Onsite Interview - Our onsite small group session includes a behind the scenes walking tour of the multi-building campus and an opportunity to practice the volunteer duties to determine if our activities are the right fit for you.
- Online and in person training - new volunteers complete online and in person training, a self guided series based on the interest of each individual volunteer.