Emergency Response Team
Our Emergency Response Team (ERT) is comprised of a team of trained volunteers who work in stride with Humane Law Enforcement officers to assist during disasters by safely rescuing and evacuating horses, livestock, and pets. Positions range from roles within an office setting to working behind fire lines. The ERT meets monthly for training designed to create awareness of safety procedures and the proper use of equipment.
Volunteers can assist in the following areas:
- Educating the community at events as part of the Community Engagement team
- Assisting with coordination of disaster response as part of the Administrative Support team
- Coordinating and assisting animal care during evacuations
- Removing animals from fires or flooded areas
- Rescuing large animals that have fallen into wells, mud bogs, swimming pools, ravines, etc.
- Assisting our Humane Officers with criminal cases during impounds of large groups of abused or neglected animals
- One monthly training, typically on a weekend
- On call during disasters
Volunteer Recruitment: Interested in joining ERT? Click here to submit your interest and we will be in touch during our next recrtuiment period, anticipated to occur in December 2020. Click here to learn how you can help support our efforts through donations or providing housing for large animals (horses, goats etc).