Join our team of SHELTER MEDICINE PROFESSIONALS
Sun, sand, surf and saving lives! We’re looking for vets who have a call to help abused and neglected animals, and an equally strong call to live in America’s Finest City. We offer a competitive compensation package and a relaxed and friendly work-place — all in the heart of San Diego.
Our Veterinary Medical team offers full medical examinations, vaccinations and microchipping, diagnostic testing and dental procedures, and is equipped to treat animals with allergies, orthopedic conditions and life-threatening injuries.
Join our dedicated veterinary medical team at San Diego Humane Society where you’ll receive:
- Generous paid time off and your birthday as a holiday
- Continuing education and professional development
- Fully paid benefits, a generous retirement savings plan, and relocation assistance
- 70 degree weather all year round with easy access to several beaches
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
RECENT cases treated by our veterinary Medical team
At 3-months old, Princess received lifesaving heart surgery, thanks to San Diego Humane Society’s medical team.
Rico & Queen
These puppies were treated for parvo and given a second chance at San Diego Humane Society.
After being shot with a BB gun, San Diego Humane Society’s veterinarians removed the pellet from Scooter’s spine, giving him a chance to walk once again.
Elf arrived with trauma to his abdomen and a fractured pelvis – we believe from being dropped by a bird of prey. The medical team mended this sweet bunny’s injuries and now he has a “job” bringing joy to people in need through our Pet-Assisted Therapy program.
This Western Gull received lifesaving medical care after a fishing hook became lodged in his eye. Once fully recovered, he was released back into his natural habitat.
The Pilar & Chuck Bahde Center for Shelter Medicine
- More than shelter medicine, you will be a part of a larger mission to save the life of every healthy and treatable animal in San Diego County.
- Five medical centers comprise The Pilar & Chuck Bahde Center for Shelter Medicine.
- Teaching Hospital: Our Medical team is committed to providing fourth year veterinary students of UC Davis or Western University with a comprehensive rotation further refining clinical skills and competencies. For those seeking more of a mentorship position, we are proud to offer internship opportunities, as well.
What’s it really like to work here?
For other career opportunities at San Diego Humane Society, click here.