Project Wildlife - Ramona Campus
Recruitment Temporarily Suspended
In response to the current state of affairs regarding COVID-19 and its prevention, we are temporarily suspending all large gatherings in accordance to statewide policies. Unfortunately, this does include any new volunteer information sessions, and therefore our volunteer recruitment and onboarding are suspended. We hope to launch recruitment for new volunteers in early 2021. If you are interested in being notified once we are ready to recruit, please submit your information on our interest form.
Thank you for your patience, and we wish you continued health and safety.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
The goal of Project Wildlife’s rehabilitation efforts is to restore our sick and injured wild patients to full health so that they may be released safely back into their natural habitats. With close to 1,000 sick or injured animals, plus 29 animal abassadors, cared for annually at our Ramona Campus, volunteers play a crucial role in these efforts year-round, seven days a week! We are grateful for the enthusiasm, dedication and love they share with us every day.
Please review the information below if interested in joining our team! New volunteers are typically recruited seasonally, on an as needed basis. During open recruitment periods, application links are available at the bottom of this page!
PROJECT WILDLLIFE RAMONA VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
Volunteers assist staff caring for the ambassador animals, wildlife patients and San Nicolas Island cats on site. The 13-acre wildlife center provides care to wildlife including native predators such as bobcats, coyotes, bears and birds of prey. Volunteer tasks include cleaning, food prep, enrichment prep and office assitance.
REQUIREMENTS TO VOLUNTEER WITH THE PROJECT WILDLIFE PROGRAM:
Must be at least 17 years of age to serve at the Ramona Campus.
Must complete entire recruitment process and training series prior to independent volunteer service.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (up to three hours) and complete a variety of physically demanding tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Must make a minimum commitment of one full wildllife season. Due to the amount of time and resources that we invest in our volunteers, we are unable to offer one-time or short-term community service projects with the Project Wildlife team.
HOW TO BECOME A PROJECT WILDLIFE VOLUNTEER:
- Complete our online application and online Orientation: Learn more about our organization and how volunteers help support our community and wildlife in need. (Application link available on this site during recruitment periods).
- Attend a virtual Meet and Greet: Meet the Volunteer Engagement team, learn more about the volunteer work at the Ramona Campus and ask questions.
- Complete an in person Volunteer Service Interview: This small group session includes a walking tour of the facility, initial training and an opportunity to practice the volunteer duties to determine if our opportunities are the right fit for you. Based upon information provided during the interview process, the Volunteer Manager will select those whose skills, experience and availability best meet the needs of our Ramona Campus.
- Training: Once accepted onto the team, you will complete a fun and thorough training series. This includes both online and hands-on instruction.
Other Ways to Get Involved:
- Create animal enrichment items for the animals from our Do-It-Yourself Packet.
- Visit our Amazon wishlist to support Project Wildlife directly from your own home! All items will be shipped straight to Project Wildlife.
- Make a donation to support the Project Wildlife program which will support saving wildlife and educating the public about how they can protect native animal species in our communities. Your generosity not only improves the quality of life for animals, but also improves life for people who enjoy the beauty and diversity of our natural world.
- Follow us on Facebook and spread the message to your community. We often post education information related to domestic and wild animals which you can share with your friends and family!