Project Wildlife Information Booth
We feature our information booths and animal ambassadors at special events, business partnerships, fairs and conferences throughout San Diego County. Staff and trained volunteers manage the animals attending the info booths and are prepared to answer questions about Project Wildlife, San Diego Humane Society, its programs and initiatives.
The following guidelines have been developed to help you prepare for your special event, as well as understanding expectations for each partner.What we’ll need from you:
- Determine a two to three hour time frame for event.
- Accommodate parking for SDHS van and volunteers (when possible). If parking can not be reserved, instructions will be needed on parking options.
- Provide unloading/loading zone location on-site.
- Provide 10x10 space outside for our tent and information table. Please let us know if you can provide a shaded area or a tent.
- SDHS staff will arrive 30 minutes before event to set up and volunteers will show up 10-15 minutes before event starts.
- If you can provide us with a table/tent/chairs, please let us know. If you can not, we can bring our own equipment.
- When attending a Project Wildlife information booth, a staff member or volunteer will typically bring along a Wildlife Ambassador animal.
- The time frame is typically two to four hours. Due to state regulations, we cannot keep Wildlife Ambassadors out for longer than a four hour period.
- Attendance and choice of the type of Animal Ambassador cannot be guaranteed. If, at any time, the presenter is concerned for the animal’s safety or welfare, the presenter may decide not to use the animal or to shorten the program.
- By law, no one but the program presenter may handle or touch Wildlife Ambassadors.
- For events scheduled with food, the Wildlife Ambassador must remain at 20 feet away from food service areas and 10 feet away from any other food.
- Each Wildlife Ambassador is unique. Please follow the instructions of our program presenters at all times to ensure the best possible program for you and the animal.