Project Wildlife Youth Programs
Project Wildlife can bring our environmental program to your classroom or educational setting. We tailor programs for groups 2nd grade and higher, offering lessons on a variety of environmental education topics. All programs meet California’s Next Generation Science Standards.
If you're interested in a kindergarten or 1st grade presentation, please fill out the form and note that information in the comments. We have a volunteer run program for these types of presentations.
Due to Covid-19, all presentations will be held via zoom until further notice.
- Attendance and choice of Education Animal Ambassador cannot be guaranteed but will take your request into consideration.
- If, at any time, the presentation is concerned for the animal’s safety or welfare, the presenter may decide not to use the animal or to shorten the program.
- We can accommodate up to three presentations in one day. Depending on the age of the students, groups can be up to 75 people per presentation.
- Lessons can be tailored to meet time requirements, normally 45min in length. We may ask to shorten the program to 30min if we are presenting multiple programs, back to back.
- By law, no one but the program presenter may handle or touch Animal Ambassadors.
- Each Animal Ambassador is unique. Please follow the instructions of our program presenters at all times to ensure the best possible program for you and the animal.
What we Need From You
- Animals and educators must be approved by your school and district, and it is your responsibility to provide us with any necessary paperwork at least one month prior to the visit. San Diego Humane Society can provide a Certificate of Insurance if needed.
- Each school has policies regarding animals and visitors on the school campus, and we want to be sure that we are working within those policies. The presence of an animal can adversely affect allergy sufferers. If this is the case with some of your students, please advise their parents/guardians that there will be an animal present during the program.
- You will receive a confirmation with your date and times. We understand that schedules can change, but please know that it may not be possible to reschedule once dates are confirmed. Please inform us of any changes as far in advance as possible.
- Life Cycles
- Food Webs
- Human Impacts
- What is Wildlife Rehabilitation?
Request a Presentation