Project Wildlife Youth Programs
Project Wildlife can bring our environmental program to your classroom or educational setting. We tailor programs for groups 2nd grade and higher, offering lessons on a variety of environmental education topics. All programs meet California’s Next Generation Science Standards.
Project Wildlife has begun charging for our educational programs so we can continue to help over 13,000 patients annually. When requesting a program please provide a few different dates/times that work for you, the number of people expected to attend, and your preference on wildlife ambassador and we can provide a quote for the program.
- Due to Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) Attendance and choice of Education Wildlife Ambassador cannot be guaranteed but will take your request into consideration.
- If, at any time, the presenter is concerned for the animal’s safety or welfare, the presenter may decide not to use the animal or to shorten the program.
- We can accommodate up to three presentations in one day. Depending on the age of the students, groups can be up to 75 people per presentation.
- Lessons can be tailored to meet time requirements, normally 45 minutes in length. We may ask to shorten the program to 30 minutes if we are presenting multiple programs, back-to-back.
- By law, only the program presenter may handle or touch Animal Ambassadors.
- Each Animal Ambassador is unique, always follow the instructions of our program presenters to ensure the best possible program for you and the animal.
What we Need From You
- Animals and educators must be approved by your school and district, and it is your responsibility to provide us with any necessary paperwork at least one month prior to the visit. San Diego Humane Society can provide a Certificate of Insurance if needed.
- Each school has policies regarding animals and visitors on the school campus, and we want to be sure that we are working within those policies. The presence of an animal can adversely affect allergy sufferers. If this is the case with some of your students, please advise their parents/guardians that there will be an animal present during the program.
- You will receive a confirmation with your date and times. We understand that schedules can change, but please know that it may not be possible to reschedule once dates are confirmed. Please inform us of any changes as far in advance as possible.
- Life Cycles
- Food Webs
- Human Impacts
- What is Wildlife Rehabilitation?
Request a Presentation