San Diego Humane Society Vehicle Donation Program
Have a vehicle taking up space in your driveway? Help animals in need by donating it to San Diego Humane Society!
Help us create a more humane San Diego by donating your unwanted vehicle today!
San Diego Humane Society is our community’s safety net for animals and the people who love them. We provide vital services by shelter and adoptions, investigations of animal cruelty and neglect, lifesaving veterinary care, behavior training, community education and engagement, and so much more!
As an independent nonprofit organization not affiliated with any other humane society or society for the prevention and cruelty to animals, donations are crucial to our ability to perform our life-changing work. In fact, philanthropy provides more than 40% of our annual budget.
So what will your vehicle donation support?
- The cost of caring for more than 46,000 animals in 2018-2019 — through pet adoptions, wildlife rehabilitation, community spay/neuter services and more — was $45,000 per day.
- Every companion animal we place in a loving home is spayed/neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and provided the highest level of care while they are in our shelters — costing approximately $1,300 per dog or cat.
- Innovative programs such as our Kitten Program, which nursed thousands of kittens less than eight weeks old to health last year, and found them new homes.
- Project Wildlife, which provided more than 12,000 sick, injured or orphaned wild animals with emergency and rehabilitative care last year.
- Our PAWS San Diego program, which serves as a safety net for people in need, helping them keep the animals they love.
We accept all types of vehicles:
Making a Car Donation is EASY!
It's as easy as filling out the online vehicle donation form or picking up a phone and speaking to a live Donor Support Representative.
If you have any questions just call one of our friendly Donor Support Representatives toll-free at 877-540-PETS (877-540-7387) seven days a week.