Walk for Animals
The Walk is one of San Diego Humane Society’s largest fundraising events of the year and helps raise money to care for the more than 50,000 wild and domestic animals that will come through the shelter in 2019. We’ll celebrate our community’s commitment to animals, while raising vital funds for San Diego Humane Society’s lifesaving programs.
Hundreds of volunteers are needed to ensure Walk for Animals success. Want to join the fun?!
Read below for event information and complete the volunteer application to sign up.
May 4, 2019
NTC Park in Liberty Station
2455 Cushing Road
San Diego, CA 92106
Course Marshall 8:00-11:00 a.m. Hundreds of volunteers are needed along the 2.5 mile course to direct walkers so they don’t veer off course and get lost. In this position you cheer on walkers and dogs as they pass by so lots of energy is required!
- Must be 16+ or volunteer with a guardian
- Must be able to commit to the full volunteer shift
- Must wear the Walk for Animals volunteer shirt, provided at volunteer check in
- Pets are not allowed to volunteer with you, if you prefer to participate with your pet you can sign up to walk! (Click here to register as a walker)
Steps to sign up to volunteer:
- Compete our volunteer event application here
- Immediately after you submit your application, you will be registered as a volunteer for the event
- A few weeks before the event, you will receive more detailed volunteer information via email
- Do you have friends or family interested in volunteering with you? Have them complete the application as well
- Do you want to volunteer with your school or corporate group with eight or more people? Email [email protected] to inquire about group volunteering.
- Need to cancel your volunteer shift? Please notify us at [email protected] so we can fill the vacancy.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering and for supporting San Diego Humane Society!